How do I transfer ownership of my vehicle or motorcycle?
If the vehicle or motorcycle is titled in Honolulu, make the following changes on your Certificate of Title.
If you are the seller:
- Complete and submit Notice of Transfer
- Record the odometer reading in the Certificate of Title Section A
- Have each registered owner sign and date Section A
- Have the lienholder (if any) sign and date Section B
- Give the Certificate of Title to the new owner
If you are the new owner:
- Print name, sign and date Section D in the Certificate of Title
- Have the new lienholder (if any) sign and date Section E
- Submit the Certificate of Title by mail or in person at any Satellite City Hall