How do I register a brand new motor vehicle?
If you purchased the vehicle from an Oahu dealer:
The dealer will probably have it registered and licensed for you. So you won’t need to do anything further.
If you purchased the vehicle elsewhere, or are completing registration on your own:
- Fill out the Application for Registration (Form CS-L MVR 1)
- Obtain a Hawai`i Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Obtain proof of insurance
- Look up your registration fee online
- Submit the forms, proof of insurance, and payment by mail to the Registration Section or submit them in person to any Satellite City Hall